Change Name and Address on Aadhar Card From Home: Updating Aadhar card online is now easy. If the name, address or date of birth in your Aadhar card is wrong, you can easily correct it at home. Aadhaar card holders can visit the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) website to update the correct details. Personal information like name, address, gender and date of birth can be updated in the Aadhar card. Let’s know the step by step process…
Change Name and Address on Aadhar Card From Home
How to Update Aadhar Card Details Online?
- Step 1: Visit the official website uidai.gov.in and go to the Update Aadhaar section.
- Step 2: After that, you have to tap on “Update Address in Your Aadhaar“. After that, you will be taken to a separate screen where you will have the option to change the information other than the address.
- Step 3: Now click on proceed to update Aadhaar and enter all the required information like username, password. After this you will be asked to enter Aadhar number and captcha. After this you have to tap on Send OTP button.
- Step 4: After receiving the 6 digit OTP on your registered mobile number, enter it on the site. Then you will be able to update your demographic data. All you have to do is click on the Demographics data option. Then enter the new information and submit the data by clicking on the proceed button.
- Step 5: Finally you will be asked to upload the required relevant documents, so that the changes made in the Aadhar card can be updated. Simply put, you have to provide valid proof for Aadhaar update.
Aadhar Card Update Online: What Details Can You Change?
As per the official site, this data given below can be updated online.
- Date of birth
- Language: Hindi
How many times Aadhaar data can be updated? (How often Aadhaar data can be updated?)
Please note that the information given in the Aadhar card can be updated twice. Any Aadhaar card holder can change gender and date of birth only once. Also as per the official website of UIDAI, ‘Date of Birth can be changed only if it is already unverified’.
What are the documents required for online update? (Which documents are required for online update?)
Any update in Aadhar card requires verification. For example, you need to add a scanned copy of the Identity Proof (Identity Card) for Name and Date of Birth (Birth Certificate) for Date of Birth. If you want to update gender, then OTP authentication through mobile/face authentication is required.
If you want to update aadhar card address then you have to upload scan copy of address proof. No document is required to be submitted if you want to update only the language of Aadhaar.